A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KCHZ-FM, KCMO-FM, KCJK-FM, KMJK-FM, KCMO-HD2, KCFX-FM, KCMO-AM (“Stations”), owned and operated by CMP KC LLC located at 5800 Foxridge Drive, Suite 600, Mission, KS 66202, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the Cumulus Kansas City “Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show
$500,000 Number Guess” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding dual Florida and New York residents, age Eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from any of the participating Stations in the last Thirty (30) Days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the Ninety (90) Days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from any of the participating Stations in the last Thirty (30) Days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last Ninety (90) Days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of CMP KC LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any person submitting more than one (1) entry will void all entries by that person. Entrants may only complete and submit an entry for the Contest on their own behalf.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01 p.m., CT on March 13, 2020 and will run through 4:59 p.m., CT on March 15, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter, Participants can enter one (1) time in this Contest, regardless of which entry method is chosen and regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess or use. Any person submitting more than one (1) entry will void all entries by that Person. Entrants will be asked if they would like to receive future communication from the Home Show. Entrants agreeing to have their information shared is NOT a condition to entering this Contest and will not increase an Entrants chance of winning.
(i) In Person: Contest registration will take place beginning on 3/13/2020 and ending on 3/15/2020 (the “Registration Period”) during show hours at the 2020 Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show, Bartle Hall, 301 West 13th Street, Kansas City, MO 6410. Entrants must fully complete the form and submit a five(5) digit number at the time of the entry. The number submitted may be any number within the range 00000 – 99999, inclusive; and digits may repeat within the winning number (i.e. the winning number could be 00000). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void outside Kansas & Missouri, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law
Attending the Home Show will not increase your chances of winning, OR
(ii) Online: Visit www.dreamcontest.house during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show $500,000 Number Guess” Contest link, and complete an entry form inserting the Entrant’s 5-digit guess. Entrants must fully complete the form and submit a five(5) digit number at the time of the entry. The number submitted may be any number within the range 00000 – 99999, inclusive; and digits may repeat within the winning number (i.e. the winning number could be 00000). All entries must be received by 4:59pm CT on March 15, 2020 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess and use. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per person by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted. Maximum of one (1) entry per person. Any contestant submitting more than one will void all entries by that contestant. Contestants may only complete and submit an entry for the contest on their own behalf. Any attempt to submit additional entries on their own behalf or on behalf of another contestant will void all entries submitted by that individual. Released Parties are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, damaged, or for lost or stolen entry boxes or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules. All such entries will be automatically void. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
In order for the grand prize to be awarded to an eligible entrant and then a selected finalist, the finalist must have correctly guessed the predetermined grand prize winning number in exact order, which was selected for this contest and is contained in the sealed master envelope. For example if the predetermined winning number is 1-2-3-4-5, then a submitted number guess of 5-4-3-2-1 will not be considered a winning entry.
- Winner Selection. A random drawing will be held out of all Entrants on or about March 16, 2020 from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period from both entry methods outlined above to select a total of one hundred (100) submitted entrants. Only the entries submitted by these (100) randomly selected will be considered finalists and eligible to win the Grand Prize, subject to verification of eligibility and continued compliance with these Contest Rules. All other entries are disqualified and are ineligible to participate or win any prize, regardless of the accuracy of their number guess submitted on their entry. Maximum of one (1) entry per finalist, per immediate family and/or per household. The selected finalists do not need to be present in order to participate in the grand prize contest. Any selected finalist who does not meet the eligibility requirements will be disqualified. Decisions of Administrator in the selection of finalists, and all matters related to this contest are final.
Grand Prize Winner Verification: Prior to the start of the Contest Period, a predetermined winning 5-digit number will be randomly selected by an independent promotions company, and placed in a sealed security envelope. The winning number may be any number within the range 00000 – 99999, inclusive; and digits may repeat within the winning number (i.e. the winning number could be 00000). Following the random selection of the (100) finalists from among all eligible entries received, each finalist’s number guess will be submitted to the promotions company for comparison to the grand prize winning number as contained in the sealed security envelope. In order for the grand prize to be awarded to an eligible selected finalist, the finalist must have correctly guessed the predetermined grand prize winning number in exact order, which was selected for this contest and is contained in the sealed master envelope. For example if the predetermined winning number is 1-2-3-4-5, then a submitted number guess of 5-4-3-2-1 will not be considered a winning entry.
Eligible number guess requirements include:
Each selected finalist’s number guess must be complete, clear and legible and each finalist will have one (1) and only one (1) submission. Any number guess that is incomplete or illegible will be disqualified.
In the event a winning number guess has been submitted, the finalist(s) who submitted the winning number guess will be notified. In the event that no winning number guess is submitted by a selected finalist, then the grand prize will not be awarded and the sealed envelope containing the predetermined winning number will be opened, and the winning number will be revealed. IF none of the chosen finalists guesses MATCH the predetermined 5 Digit Number the finalist with the Closest Guess without going OVER would receive the Secondary Prize.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ZERO (0), NO GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST. Grand Prize: In the event the eligible finalist successfully completes the grand prize contest requirements, that finalist will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize is: Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ARV: $500,000.00. A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. In the event that more than one (1) eligible selected finalist submits a winning entry during this Contest, the Grand Prize will be divided evenly between the finalists who submitted a winning entry. In the event there is no Grand Prize winning entry, then the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Secondary Prize. IF none of the chosen finalists guesses MATCH the predetermined 5 Digit Number the finalist with the Closest Guess without going OVER would receive the Secondary Prize which isa Dream Night Getaway including Limo, Hotel, single-room, double occupancy, Dinner for two (2), and two (2) tickets to a Concert or Event, as selected by Sponsor, and a Spa getaway certificate for The Elms Hotel & Spa ARV: One Thousand Dollars Three Hundred Twenty-Five Dollars ($1,325.00). In the event that more than one (1) eligible selected finalist submits a the same secondary winning entry during this Contest, the value of the secondary prize will be divided evenly between the finalists who submitted a winning entry.
Winner(s) will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release, and present a valid driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all income taxes on prize(s). Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. Total ARV of all prizes: $500,000 cash. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Odds: The odds of being selected as a finalist depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning the grand prize contest by correctly guessing the winning 5-digit number, once selected as an official finalist are 1:100,000.
- Contest Results. Winners List: For a copy of these official rules or name of the Grand Prize winner, if any, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: 2020 Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show $500,000 Number Guess, C/O Cumulus Media, 5800 Foxridge Drive, Suite 600, Mission Kansas, 66202. Please specify which you are requesting. Requests must be received by 5/16/2020.
Contest Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by 2020 Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show.
Contest Administrator: This Contest is administered by Cumulus Media, 5800 Foxridge Drive, Suite 600, Mission Kansas, 66202.